Goshen High School presents many learning opportunities for students:
- Crimson Concert Orchestra (generally for 9th grade students)
- Philharmonic String Orchestra (open for grades 10-12)
- Symphonic String Orchestra (auditioned for grades 10-12)
- Camerata Chamber Orchestra (before school on Wednesday and Fridays)
- Chamber Ensembles (as arranged)
- Red Thread Jazz String Orchestra (before school on Thursdays)
- Symphonic Full Orchestra (strings with winds, brass, & percussion on Monday nights November thru May)
- Musical “Pit” Orchestra
High school music students continue learning and improving technique begun at earlier levels. String Orchestra classes are held during the school day while Symphonic Full Orchestra meets on Monday nights during the last three 9 week grading periods combining the Symphonic String Orchestra with auditioned Wind, Brass, and Percussion students. Students earn additional credit for participation in the full orchestra. High School Orchestra members perform at several concerts throughout the year, and compete in ISSMA Solo, Ensemble, and Organizational contests.
The Camerata Chamber Orchestra meets outside the school day generally on Wednesday and Friday mornings before school, and also earn credit hours for participation.
Classes are aligned to National Music Standards and Indiana State Music Standards. Our orchestra program has a reputation of continued excellence in performance and in competitions. The Orchestras have consistently received Gold Awards in Competition and the Symphonic Full Orchestra has been named to ISSMA State Finals 16 times including the past two years of the event.
The Goshen School Orchestras are under the musical direction of